Wednesday 2 November 2011

Maiko Make-up!

Nyanko here~ It's been awhile! I haven't posted in much too long, I apologize ><
But today I decided I'd post about my experience being a Maiko while I was in Kyoto, Japan this summer! :)

I'll just dive straight into it haha! The place I went to was somewhere near the station. If you would like to know the exact place, you can contact me and I'll let you know ^^

^Step one, she highlights my nosebridge and paints my neck area white. Please ignore my big forehead with acne...I am fighting acne as a teenage girl :(
^Her next step was to blush out half my face LOL I love this tone of pink by the way ^^ 

^ She then proceeded to do my entire face white LOL (no this is not birdshit, -.-)
^Yeah, she spreaded the white. Looks so flawless my face doesn't it? :) And now she's doing the red on my eyes. Red eyeliner, I guess you could say ^^
^She did my eyebrows, in red! Trust she's a proo!
^She then did my eyeliner :) It took her awhile...'cause of my single/double lid that day >< I'm amazed that she worked so well with it :)
^And done!
Now for the dressing part! :)
^First she put me in this...underkimono thing LOL I guess for sanitary purposes

^Me, chillin' there in my nice red Kimono :)
^Then she put on my wig! :)

The end! haha hope you enjoyed watching the process! XD If you have any questions about my experience feel free to ask! And here is one of the end results of my photo taken at this studio place that specializes in Maiko and Geisha and Geiko pics ^^


Grawr! :3 Follow us please! I love comments <3 ^^ 

13 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an amazing transformation! I wonder how did all that make up feel on your face? Was it very heavy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abbie! :) Thanks for the comment, the makeup on my face felt fine, considering how much was actually on my face. It actually didn't feel too overwhelming at all! :) Don't get me wrong, heavier than most make-up looks, but not like... "I can't breathe!" kind of heavy ^^

    -Nyanko

    ReplyDelete
  3. :O wowwwww~
    the makeup, clothing, and photoshoot in general looks like it must have taken quite a long time to put together, haha!

    your portrait is gorgeous! It looks like you had a lot of fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW, really amazing the costume and the make up!!
    The last photograph is really cute!
    I follow you n.n kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool!!

    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, love it! i love your style! greetings from germany! x

    http://i-vomit-triangles.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What did she use for the white face paint?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! So that's how they do it. I wonder if its comfortable to wear this kind of heavy make up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Blog!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?


    Vivianista.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. To be sure, I am completely agree with you, I am an unbelievable devotee of

    your site, you form illuminating articles.

    Keep making such amazing post,


    Thanks for sharing.


    Pest control services in jaipur | book professional

    pest control services in jaipur from best pest control service provider

    companies

    Regards

    Sameer

    ReplyDelete