Thursday 23 June 2011

meriko's beauty diary: Palty foam hair dye


Hi there~ It's merigon here today, posting a how to and review on Palty's foam hair dye (:
warning, this is gonna be PIC HEAVY!

Alright, so the colour I chose was called きいちごジャム (Raspberry Jam), and basically when you open the package, this is what you'll find inside. Packaging is super cuteeeee. I'm totally sold xD

Okay, so let's get started! Remember to wear a shirt you don't really want in case the dye gets on it.
So step one, set up like shown in the picture. You can poke a hole in the box to put the cup in (it should be cut out for you already).


Then you take the base water, which is the first bottle to the left. It says to shake it up and down 20 times, and then pour all of it into the cup. Next, you take the cream (one in the tube) and add all of it into the cup as well.

 Looks like this......

 Then~take the spoon thing and mix it. It says to do it 20-40 times...but I say just mix until all the clumps are gone and the foam fills the cup. Make sure to get everything at the bottom. Like mixing cake mix :D :D


mix mix mix mix...... oooooh foaming~


 mix mix mix mix..... okay this is where I stopped - before it started spilling everywhere LOL


 Andddd now you can just grab the foam using your hands or the spoon thing and apply it to your hair like shampoo. Remember to put your gloves on first!


The instructions suggest that you start at your roots, not forgetting the spots behind your ears! Then apply it evenly throughout your hair.


To ensure the dye is spread evenly and applied well, it also suggests that you massage it in softly.


When you're done applying, let it sit for about 20 minutes. If you have really thick hair, leave it for an extra 10 minutes. If you have really thin, short or damaged hair, it suggests that you leave it in for 5 minutes less than normal. My hair looked like this at this point. I left it in for about 30-40 min, yes longer than it suggested, but I really wasn't seeing much change :(


When you're ready, go rinse it out :D

The package also comes with this thing. It's basically a leave-in conditioner that supposedly will help with the colour and decrease the damage. Instructions say to apply it after towel drying your hair.


Theeeen, you can air-dry or blow-dry to see your results.
Mine turned out like this. 

Yes, nothing like the colour shown on the box. To be honest, I was quite disappointed. The original Palty worked quite well on me, so I had some expectations for this Palty too ;__; The colour wasn't bad... but definitely not what I wanted originally. It didn't make a big difference at all. *sighhhh*

The foam was also questionable... once I applied it to my hair, all the foam just sunk in. It wasn't like shampoo at all, I actually found it quite difficult to apply. On the side note, I do think that I was slightly at fault for using only one pack. My hair is quite long, so it may have been a better choice to buy 2 packs to make sure it could cover all my hair. Well, here are some pictures for you to judge.

BEFORE::



AFTER::

Not a big difference no? and they are taken in the same lighting.
I guess you could say my hair got browner... but I really wanted that red tone to it. soooo, I would say it was kinda fail OTL. (and its not even as light as it looks on camera..)

I really wanted to have better things to write about this product, since I'm a huge Masuwaka Tsubasa fan....not to mention that the KARA promotions and packaging were all great. But for me, the results just didn't really live up to it. On the bright side, I thought that this stuff smelled amazing compared to other hair dyes. Had a really nice fruity scent, much like the original Palty. I also didn't find it too damaging to my hair, so that was good (:

All in all, I would give this product...

★★★☆
3.5 stars!
^ yes, let's just pretend that white star is a half LOL

Not bad, but not great.
You're welcome to give it a try, but I don't particularly recommend it  xD


but the packaging was so cute.......... orz

okay that's it for today~
バイバイ~

;merigon

12 comments:

  1. I love your blog! You're so pretty :D Do you dye your eyebrows as well?

    P.S I also did a Palty review. Please check out my blog if you have time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the review. Even though the ratings aren't that great I think the color looks amazing on you!

    www.dgsbeauty.com

    *Check out my giveaway:
    http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jessica-Marie Thanks for the comment! No, I've never tried dying my brows..would definitely consider it if my hair got any lighter though (:

    @D.Sadie Thank you so much (: The color turned out alright, it just wasn't what I was expecting xD

    @Christy Thank youu <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. PREETYY GIRL! I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK. WAS YOUR HAIR BLACK BEFORE AND THEN YOU USED THIS HAIR DYE AND IT BECAME DARK BROWN?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^Hi, I had originally dyed my hair black about half a year before this- but it faded to a dark brown (since I had even lighter hair before that). So at the time I used this palty, my hair was a dark brown. This dye basically just made it a tone lighter. Hope that answers your question (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh! do you think this hairdye would work for black hair. like would it show some changes not under the light? thanks for replying though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ^ Well typically, hairdye (for lighter colours) usually works better on already light/dyed hair- but I guess this wasn't the case haha. There was a difference, just not really the colour that the box indicated. Thanks for commenting! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello!, when u mixed the thing in the cup, did it turn pink or red?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!

    How many boxes did you use for your hair length? :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. wledgeable with what you need. You can purchase any of these tools in reputable online shops, or in local stores near you. So what a my explanation

    ReplyDelete