Saturday 24 September 2011

Fairy Drops Volume Burst Mascara

Hi there! (:

This is Merigon making another post on a product I bought in Tokyo. This time, it's going to be a review on the Fairy Drops volume burst mascara.






Well let's start off with some pictures of the mascara on my lashes..



Without any mascara.

Upper lashes with a few layers of Fairy Drops

Upper and bottom lashes with Fairy Drops


Comparison of lashes with and without Fairy Drops Mascara


Comments...
So this was my first time trying a Fairy Drops product. I can't say that I LOVED it, but I did like it. I wasn't aware that this mascara had fibers in it when I bought it, so I was pretty surprised when I applied it. It did a pretty good job keeping the curl of my lashes, and it definitely had a lengthening effect- almost comparable to the Fiberwig and Dollywink mascaras. As for the volume...I would say it did alright on my lashes. However it was quite clumpy and didn't look very natural - that could have been my fault for over-applying the product xD. I loved the shape of the wand, as it made the application so much easier and cleaner. It's easy to reach the lashes at the corners of the eyes with the tip of the wand. And when this mascara is said to be waterproof...WOW it's WATERPROOF! I think I could go swimming with this LOL. Unlike the fiberwig or dollywink mascaras, that come off easily with hot water, this stuff wouldn't budge. Even if I tried rubbing it, nothing really came off. So this would be a great mascara if you're looking for something really waterproof, but I suggest in that case, purchase a good makeup remover - or something like the Heroine mascara remover to help clean it off. In general, I would say that this mascara was a good purchase, but it doesn't really make it to being one of my favorites.

PROS:
  • Waterproof. Very.
  • Great lengthening effect for a volume mascara
  • Wand shape great for application
  • Keeps curl of lashes

CONS:
  • Difficult to remove
  • Clumpy, not very natural looking
  • Takes time for application


Okay and some additional pics with the product on...










 So what to you guys think?
If you've tried this mascara, let my know about your experiences with it! If not, would you be interested in trying this out?



xx- merigon

Follow us! <3

4 comments:

  1. Hi Meli :D
    I think you'll like the Platinum type more.
    I have the Fairy Drops platinum type in both waterproof and non-waterproof. I actually like it more than my Fiberwig mascara! It doesn't clump when you use it properly, and it makes my lashes look like I'm wearing falsies (albeit the more natural variations), haha!
    I was planning on buying the volume burst too, but now I'm glad I didn't! Thanks for the review~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spider legs lash syndrome :( I think I'll skip this. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top pic missing?

    ReplyDelete